May 18 2013 Latest news:
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has revealed that the injury that forced Abou Diaby to withdraw from the France squad is not serious.
The 26-year-old midfielder pulled out of the France squad before their World Cup qualifier against Belarus, prompting fears he could be set for another lengthy spell on the sidelines.
France manager Didier Deschamps said Diaby had “muscular discomfort” but Wenger has moved swiftly to cool injury fears and says he could be fit to face Southampton on Saturday.
“It doesn’t seem serious to me at all,” he told TF1.
“He has a small chance of playing on Saturday.”
Diaby, who scored France’s winner against Finland earlier this week, has been one of the Gunners’ outstanding performers so far this season after missing almost the whole of the last campaign with injury.